Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life Law "Thought of the Day"

"No one cares about your @&%#$#!%."

...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA Just kidding. Although that is a direct quote from the text.

The class assignment was to pull a quote from the last "Life Law" chapter and interpret it in your own words. The quote I chose for this assignment is as follows:

"If you do nothing, you will get nothing."

This quote actually explains itself in a few ways. Basically, it's saying if you do nothing... you'll get nothing. So... is this considered "Exactly What it Says on the Tin"?

Perhaps I would need to elaborate on "do" and "get". Many already know this, but in the future, I wish to have a career as a novelist. An author, if you will. However, lately, I haven't done much other than have a few good ideas for short stories, start writing the drafts of some of them, and channel nearly 99% of my writing muse into Fantasmic (which is probably one of the best ideas at the moment, since I have QUITE a lot to catch up on there...). Therefore, since I haven't been doing much when it comes to writing, I haven't gotten much in return for my 'efforts'. I don't have any books published, I'm not being internationally recognized for my writing (averted, in a few particular cases. I got peeps up in England I'm 'tight' with who'll cover me - more peeps than you think!), I'm not making my statement to the world, not to mention Stephanie Meyer and Lisi Harrison still exist. Yet I still call myself a good writer. Why? Because I can.


Sure, I put in some effort last year. I wrote a book, completed it, and then talked to Kramer about a publisher. But sometimes ideas die, and most of the time they die at the most inopportune moments. That was my excuse, but it's not valid anymore since I have new ideas and new concepts to develop, not to mention new character insights and ways to develop the personality. Therefore, I have no excuse as to why I can't begin to work a little more on the actual novels and short story compilations than I have before. This is what the quote means.

On a completely unrelated note, who's viewing this in Russia? o_O

No offense or anything, but just curious. Kind of weird and funny at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment