Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Article

I think I am somewhere in the middle - I'm a spender by default, but I would like to start saving more, especially if there is a way I could increase my savings exponentially, like in a bank. A good percentage of my money goes untouched, and often it stays dormant, and since I don't have a paying job (not anymore, anyway, since the season's over), there is little to no way for the amount to increase without financial assistance. I think, with a little more training and motivation, I could learn to save more and only spend when I have enough.

I agree fully on the views presented by the article. The sources used are very intriguing, plus it was fascinating to read the results and the layouts of all of the tests performed. Plus, I can see how patience and a willingness to earn more in the future can connect to social benefits such as being happily married or staying away from drugs and alcohol. I doubt there is a single thing in this article that I disagree with, mainly because it was just so cool and that the opinion was supported very well.

On the topic of aspects of the article I agree with, one of these is most definitely the view of our generation as being very impulsive, mainly based on the environment we are growing up in. Everything is simply right at our fingertips, so it is natural that we are a very demanding group of people, and therefore we are less likely to save our funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment